KS3 Computing – Self Paced Study Series
Linked to the National Curriculum KS3 Standards for Computing
Covers both theory & practical knowledge of Scratch
✔ 5 weeks of project based learning
✔ End of unit marked assessment with feedback to help with your EHE reports
✔ Learn the full design process, not just programming
✔ Learn through interactive content and videos
✔ Online help from an experienced & qualified Computer Science teacher (and home educator)
✔ 12 months access – learn at your own pace
There are 5 lessons in this course which will guide you through the steps needed to learn about the programming needed to create your chatbot. Scroll down to open each lesson.
Each week, you should follow a similar pattern:
|Watch the Lesson Video
|Complete the Planning Quiz
|Create your Scratch Code
|Write Your Evaluation
To start, you will need:
- A free account at www.scratch.mit.edu where you will write your code
- A pen & paper to take notes as you go (this is helpful, but not vital as you can return to the lessons at any time)
You should complete the lessons in order as each lesson will help you build your Chatbot project.
If you need help during your course, click on the blue question mark at the bottom right of your screen – this will let you send me a message. When you ask for help, it’s really useful to include:
- What problem you have found
- If you’re stuck, what have you tried so far?
- If you’re having technical issues, what device you are using
What Will You Learn?
- How to plan, create, and evaluate your games
- The design process for games development
- Hidden programming features in Scratch that make your games more fun!
Week 1 – I’m In A Band!
I’m In A Band!13:07
Week 1 – Programming Quiz
Week 1 – I’m In A Band