If you enjoy coding, digital art, or just want to see what it’s like to create your own game, a Game Jam is the perfect way to practice your skills alongside other people of all abilities. In a Games Jam, you’ll aim to design and create a playable game in just 6 weeks.
Impossible!? Some really popular games had their original prototype created as part of a Game Jam. Goat Simulator, Baba Is You, and Forager are just a few examples.
The TeachAllAboutIt Annual Game Jam is free and open to everyone. It’s a little bit different to my usual courses as each live session is a development stream where you can share your work and I talk about different development techniques – it’s not a lesson, it’s working together!.
You can choose to join one, all, or none of the live sessions and still submit your game at the end.
- All games must fit the theme announced in June.
- Code cannot start before the game jam commences – practice, watch tutorials, but wait for the start date!
- You can choose to make your game using any platform, but live sessions & tutorials will focus on Game Maker Studio (free)
- This is family friendly. All communication is moderated and all games must be suitable for any age.
- Any artwork or themes must be copyright free (or your own)
- No discrimination allowed. We don’t tolerate bullying or inappropriate themes in our games.
- By signing up to the Game Jam & submitting images or your final game, you agree that your work may be included in our progress galleries
- Have fun! A Game Jam isn’t a lesson – it’s a chance for all of us who love coding creatively to work together and enjoy what we do 🙂
Week 1 : 7th June
TeachAllAboutIt Games Jam – Week 1
Share Your Game! (Week 1)
Week 1 Gallery
Week 2 : 14th June
TeachAllAboutIt Games Jam Week 2
Week 2 Gallery
Week 3 : 21st June
Summer Games Jam – Week 3
Week 3 Gallery
Week 4: 28th June
Week 4 – Summer Games Jam
Week 4 Gallery
Share Your Progress!
Week 5: 12th July
Summer Games Jam Week 5
Week 6: 19th July
Summer Games Jam – Week 6
Show Me Your Game!